- Pureprint’s favourite moments from 2016
- BIG opportunities with HP Indigo innovations expand creativity
- Oh So Pretty: Punk in Print
- A Hatrick of PrintWeek Awards
- Pureprint to open New York office
- Inside The Fine Collection with G . F Smith’s Jo Pitts
- Colour Queen: One to One with Camille Walala
- Great news in the PrintWeek Awards
- Pureprint People: Aaron Archer
- Pureprint People: Natalie Cole
Digital printing has revolutionised the way in which physical material can be accessed and utilised to communicate. In its simplest form, digital printing is a low-cost, lower environmentally impacting alternative to lithographic printing when only small volumes are required. However in reality it’s so much more than that, the fact that every impression on a digital press is different opens up a whole new world of opportunity.
At Pureprint, driven by our desire to offer our customers every advantage possible through physical communication media, we have invested in the leading digital printing technology available. We run 3 HP Indigo 7800 presses which include stunning special effects which create an eye-catching and tactile finish giving a unique and luxury look and feel to your printed communications including embossing, raised inks and watermarks. We have 2 HP Indigo 10000 presses and in August 2016 installed the latest technology, an HP Indigo 12000 press which can print white ink on coloured substrates giving a great creative effect. This new technology has enabled us to offer B2 large format, striking print quality and the ability to run personalisation across multiple versions at virtually no extra cost. Find out more about the creative opportunities with the HP innovations on our presses.
The opportunities through web to print are boundless, from producing personalised books and prospectuses, DM, brochures, calendars, photobooks, pitch documents and leave-behind materials through to just-in-time print solutions, cutting out obsolescence and storage costs whilst ensuring sales materials are always current, relevant, targeted and achieving the maximum return on investment.
As part of Pureprint Group we also have a large format printing facility in Newcastle, Imprint who provide service from creative concept through to production, storage, ordering and distribution through Additions their unique in-house developed on-line promotional management tool. Covering all aspects of point-of-sale marketing activity, printed stock control, campaign management, visual merchandising and local marketing, they have proven that the effective use of Additions helps organisations improve efficiency and reduce costs.
Watch this video of our HP Indigo 10000 digital press.
We feel it's best to demonstrate our capabilities through examples:
WWF-UK Tiger Protector Membership Pack & Personalised Book
WWF-UK launched a new campaign for Christmas 2016 to drive donations to help protect wild tigers. The purchase of a gift will help to double the number of tigers in the wild by 2022. The Tiger Protector pack includes a personalised book featuring an adult and child of the donor’s choosing.
Our software solution uses an integration of Pureprint’s different software modules.
- Our connector software, to gather clients order data and prepare it for the personalised items to be created
- Linked into Pureprint’s VDP variable data programming software that create the personalised letter, certificate and story book
- Finally linked to Pureprint’s order-of-one workflow software that batches and tracks every individual item using barcodes into every pack
Production and fulfilment of these wonderful packs uses a range of different departments at the Pureprint Digital centre.
- The different personalised items are printed and bound on FSC paper using HP Indigo 7800 and 12000 presses and binding systems
- Once finished they are fulfilled in super quick time by our in-house fulfilment team and despatch out to clients from all around the World using a range of standard and tracked mailing services.
Find out about it here: WWF Be A Tiger Protector
Lost My Name - Personalised Books
Beautifully illustrated, wonderfully written and created especially for every child, this is a magical storybook like never before – completely personalised to your child’s name.
- #1 top selling picture book in the UK in 2014
- Purity workflow solution
- High quality HP Indigo digital printing technology
Processes and services used to deliver this project:
- HP Indigo digital printed on uncoated papers
- Finished and distributed in house
- Soft and case bound
- Turned around to customer in 48 hours
- FSC certified papers and a CarbonNeutral® publication
Winner of the British Book Design & Production Awards 2015 Self Published Award
King's College London- Direct Mail
King’s is one of the top 20 Universities in the world
• Legacy direct mail pack as part of an integrated marketing campaign
• Personalised mailing to drive alumni to get involved with the University and encourage them to pledge to leave a gift in their will
• Focus on delivering the right product at the right price resulting in quality and stand out
• 8.5k digitally printed
• UPM fine of varying weights chosen to create a bright white and modern feel
• Three personalised items to create engagement with alumni
• Mailed via our Puremail DSA service
Awarded the Direct Mail Bronze Award at the DMA Awards 2014
UCA - Variable Data Prospectus
•VDP solution utilised existing CRM
•Personalised and print-on-demand prospectuses
•Increased UCA enrolment and engagement
•Higher ROI; Reduced costs
•Lower carbon footprint
UCA is one of the UK’s leading providers of specialist art and design education, with over 6500 students enrolled on more than 80 different courses.
They approached us looking for a solution to producing their postgraduate prospectuses which would reduce the environmental impact, increase engagement with prospects, offer up to date course information, retain high quality print production and reduce costs. Most importantly they were looking to increase enrolment levels and deliver a far greater return on investment.
Our solution was to create an integrated Variable Data Publishing (VDP), Print on Demand and fulfilment solution which utilised UCA’s existing integrated CRM application. Students are now able to request a prospectus via a simple online web form, where they are asked to indicate the courses they would be interested in studying. From that information, a fully personalised and tailored document is instantly generated and printed on demand in high quality to arrive with the prospect within a matter of days.
As a result there is now no longer any item obsolescence as prospectuses are printed on demand, in addition there are no storage costs, and as a result of the average pagination of the prospectuses reducing from 168pp down to just 70pp, the postage costs are far less. A further significant benefit is the reduction in the carbon footprint. The new way of producing these prospectuses has fulfilled all of the client's original objectives and is a great success.
The National Gallery - Publishing
The National Gallery houses the national collection of Western European painting from the 13th to the 19th centuries.
• This publication was created to commemorate several new Titian paintings on display at the gallery
• Due to high demand they needed to reprint quickly
• However the cover would not fit on our 7500’s
• 16pp signatures were a requirement for this high-quality publication
Processes and services used to deliver this project:
• Comprehensive prepress
• HP Indigo 10000 B2 printing on publishing papers
– 150gsm Revive matt
– 300gsm Revive gloss
• Matt laminate, thread sewn and bound
A & K - Variable Data Brochures
Abercrombie & Kent are a luxury travel company that specialises in holidays to destinations throughout the world.
• 1:1 integrated cross-media solution
• Over 85 destinations selectable from a web form
• API driven variable data publishing composition of brochure
• Personalised brochure for each potential customer
• Delivered via emailed PDF or print-on-demand
• Delivering increased revenue streams and reduced cost per acquisition
Processes and services used to deliver this project:
• X-media composition software
• HP Indigo printing on 100% recycled papers
• Integrity and variable extent binding
• Insertion and fulfilment
Laing O’Rourke - Brand
- Needed 200 copies of Brand Guidelines
- Only had a litho process in mind
- We halved the cost using digital
- More flexibility and a matching quality
Client: thinker/doer - Laing O’Rouke Brand Guidelines
When thinker/doer, the designers of the brand guidelines approached us to produce 200 copies, they only had the litho process in mind. ‘Colour and clarity is key’ they told us as we suggested that this could be done using our HP Indigos. We produced test prints which matched perfectly with previously produced litho print and the digital pricing proved to be half the cost.
Repro – all repro goes through the same department; litho and digital, is worked on by our highly skilled colour technicians, then processed through our Prinergy system with our embedded colour profiles.
Flexibility – the digital process enabled us to uniquely number each copy so Laing O’Rouke could record where each copy was going.
Quality – The Indigo's laying down of ink and its ability to use higher screen value, meant that it matched with the quality values of their litho publications, giving the colour clarity and consistency needed for a document communicating the importance of brand values.
Cost – the ability to produce low run print on demand with none of the set up costs associated with litho.
Oxfam - Web To Print
- People donated as a gift
- We developed a bespoke print system
- Personalised cards sent to gift recipients
- Indigo presses
- Produced to highest quality
Oxfam came up with a unique idea to give philanthropists the ability to donate money to good causes as gifts to their friends and family on special occasions.
It was clear they would need to provide a card physically delivered to the recipient, making them aware the donation had been made and providing additional information about the good cause the donation had gone to.
The system we developed automatically generates a bespoke piece of print for every donation that gets made. The image on the front page varies depending on the gift and an explanation of the programme the money has gone to is then given on the inside of the card and there is also a page where the person making the donation can create a personal message to the recipient. The cards are then produced to the highest quality on our Indigo presses, before being creased, trimmed and folded to finished size and mailed to the recipient.
Web-to-print and digital technology have created a solution that simply wasn't previously achievable.
Neil Watson - Photo Specialist
- Rise of digital photo reproductions
- Ideal for professional photographers
- Bespoke and high quality product
- Each page has its own unique design
With the quality of digital Indigo printing so exceptional these days, there has been an explosion in using this technology to output reproductions of digital photographs. This can be applied to any number of applications, with personalised calendars and photo books being the most common. For professional photographers who require complete flexibility, with the desire to create a completely bespoke and unique product to the highest possible specification, we have a great solution as demonstrated by the photobook we produced for Neil Watson.
Each page has its own unique design and layout. The book was printed on specialist GF Smith materials, with the cover being gold/bronze foil blocked, before being PUR bound to finish.